Laboratory Technician - Maternity Cover
7 July 2017
Applications for this position have now closed.
We are looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician to cover maternity leave for the period middle of August 2017 to end of March 2018. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, this position is 39 hours per week, however, working hours are dependent upon needs of the business and this may include working weeks in excess of 39 hours as required. Working week is based on four or five over seven days, 7.8 hours per day. Start times from 5am and finish times to 6pm, to include bank holidays and weekends as applicable.
- To understand the requirements of and to assist in the implementation of the Jersey Dairy Quality Management and Food Safety Systems.
- To ensure accurate testing of all incoming milk from farms and to communicate with dairy farmers as required.
- The accurate testing of all products through processing, packing and during shelf life.
- To ensure that all testing is recorded accurately to meet internal and legal requirements.
- To ensure that all internal and external legal standards are complied with regarding Jersey Dairy products.
In order to be able to carry out these tasks you must gain an in-depth knowledge of the diverse testing methods and evaluation of test results.
- Preferable Diploma of Higher Education
- Interest in chemistry, physics and microbiology
- Excellent organizational skills and computer literate
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to work on own initiative